Vox Vocis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vox Vocis

World of Warcraft

On keybinds, macros, and UI

sêt
    sêt
    Admin

On keybinds, macros, and UI Empty On keybinds, macros, and UI

Post  sêt Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Room for improvement? Read on!

On keybinds:
    If you're a 'clicker' you will have serious problems on some hard modes. Twitch friendly abilities like taunt, interrupt, blink, dispel, etc are much better when bound to keys, modifiers and/or extra mouse buttons. Good binds should let you keep your eyes on what's relevant instead of your cursor so you can react efficiently!

Try new things such as overwriting your "A" and "D" turn keys (who needs em) or more commonly "R" and "F".

Or, if you use a regular two button mouse- a cheap replacement with a couple thumb buttons can make a big difference. I assign my thumb buttons to 0 and 9 then swap out abilities as needed, along with using modifiers for both.

Try new things period, don't get stuck in a mold. A new layout may feel awkward at first, but it'll be worth it.

Macros for newbs:

Macro's will hide your tooltip or show the wrong spell unless you add
    #showtooltip abilityname

Can macro instants together, along with one ability that triggers the global cooldown (unless you use /castsequence macros)
    /use trinket1;
    /use potion;
    /use instant;
    /cast GCDability

To add a modifier:
    /cast [nomodifier] abilityone;
    /cast [modifier: shift] abilitytwo;

Since I use ctrl as vent push-to-talk, i have to add /cast [mod:ctrl] abilityone; or I won't be able to use either ability when talking on vent...

Some fights may require quick target change and interrupt/purge/whatever. Ex:
    /stopcasting
    /target Maloriak
    /cast Wind Shear (or Purge)

/stopcasting
    /target Rageface
    /cast Mind Spike

On UI:

DBM is a powerful tool, customize it! Take off all the timers and alerts you don't need for a fight, tweak the placement of the bars, and change the bars to count backwards instead of forwards so it's clear what comes next.

Use powerauras, forte, or needtoknow if you want to clearly see specific buffs (or missing buffs, debuffs, CD's, ICD's, etc).

Check out tidyplates if you're a tank. A lost mob in a stack will stand out clear as day.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:45 am